The joys of a Monday night at the local home improvement store to do a return with only two of the three kids. My husbands parents took Jared and it is a good thing they did. My youngest two in the car cart having a blast(sorry I took the picture the wrong way).
About a month ago my husband and I painted the front living room and I went to buy some painting supplies an edger, a 2" foam brush and a package of 5 hobby brushes. So I go into return my items and the girl behind the counter says "This item isn't on the receipt". I explained the story again that obviously the cashier that rang me up made a mistake and rang up a completely different item. She asked me for my ID and said I was getting .52 cents back in cash and $3.56 back on my credit card. I was like No I need the refund back for what I paid she then proceeded to tell me she can't return anything she doesn't have.(the foam brush I bought they charged me $3.27, clearly there mistake) I then asked to speak with the Manager and explained the story all over AGAIN and finally he made it right but the whole time the girl behind the counter was heated and didn't even look me in the eye. I know what she was thinking this lady is scamming etc, etc, etc.......... because I work retail myself. What I should have said to her was that when you do inventory you will find that you are right on with your merchandise. It really is sad that the crooks in this world make it hard for the honest ones to do business fairly.
About a month ago my husband and I painted the front living room and I went to buy some painting supplies an edger, a 2" foam brush and a package of 5 hobby brushes. So I go into return my items and the girl behind the counter says "This item isn't on the receipt". I explained the story again that obviously the cashier that rang me up made a mistake and rang up a completely different item. She asked me for my ID and said I was getting .52 cents back in cash and $3.56 back on my credit card. I was like No I need the refund back for what I paid she then proceeded to tell me she can't return anything she doesn't have.(the foam brush I bought they charged me $3.27, clearly there mistake) I then asked to speak with the Manager and explained the story all over AGAIN and finally he made it right but the whole time the girl behind the counter was heated and didn't even look me in the eye. I know what she was thinking this lady is scamming etc, etc, etc.......... because I work retail myself. What I should have said to her was that when you do inventory you will find that you are right on with your merchandise. It really is sad that the crooks in this world make it hard for the honest ones to do business fairly.
No comments:
Post a Comment