Monday, March 30, 2009
Best Day Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For people out there who watch TV and cartoons like SpongeBob it reminds of of the song he sang on one episode,"Best Day Ever". More like my theme song for today should be,"Worst Day Ever"!!! You see I needed to go to my husbands work to drop off a baby shower gift and when I was there he informed me that the company he works for might be laying people off. Oh great I am thinking. Any ways me and the kiddies headed to Albertson's to get 40lbs. of chicken breasts to stock up the freezer. All was going quite well when Taylor starts screaming that Jared keeps touching her as they are riding in the carts that have cars attached to them. I warned Jared "Keep it up and you are getting out"!! well it seems he REALLY wanted out because he kept pestering his sister so out he came. He was not a "happy camper" he decided to throw a temper tantrum like a baby(mind you he is 4 1/2yrs old). He was kicking and screaming and crying on the floor of the store and he continued this outburst all the way up to the checkout and all the way out off the store and was holding onto the cart for dear life while I was trying to push it to the car. I strap him in to his booster seat when Taylor tells me, "Look" as she shows me the candy bar she has in her hand. Oh joy I am thinking. The thought did cross my mind not to drag three children back into the store but then I remembered that we as parents need to be good examples to them. So back into the store it was where I made her take it to the customer service desk and apologize to the lady. EMBARRASSED!!!!!! So really my day couldn't have got any worse surely it had to improve from there. NO not really. Then when all my children and I were in the car departing the Albertson's parking lot turning onto the road Jared says to me, "I want to go potty at Albertson's"!! me, "Jared we are going to Costco we can use the bathroom there it is just down the hill". "I want to go potty at Albertson's" is all I heard on the way to Costco over and over and over and over again. I then proceed to park the car, get a cart strap Taylor and Isaac in and then go and pry Jared from the car while he is still carrying on about going potty at Albertsons and not wanting to go potty at Costco. I walk in the door to show my membership card and Filo Mauia is at the door just laughing at Jared. I then proceed to the potty and was that an adventure or what. I try to push the cart through and Jared puts both arms out so I can't push the cart in and does the same thing when I am trying to get into the stall and while I am trying to push us into the stall this little girl comes around the corner to watch the commotion and I can hear her mom say don't stare. Finally 5 minutes later I convince him to go potty. In the meantime Taylor starts screaming because Isaac thinks it is FUN to pull her hair. At this point I just wanted a really big rock to go hide under. So I think I will go find one and stay there until they are all grown up :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
UGH! I would have left my cart in the middle of an aisle at Albertson's and went home to hide under that rock! I HATE those days. It IS so embarrassing. I threaten my kids lives before we go into a store now that they better not embarrass me at all. Our worst store was always Joann's but the last two times we went and they were threatened they acted like angels (ok not actual angels), but compared to their old ways...ANGELS:)
oh that's funny, but only because it happens to all of us. find a rock big enough for both of us to crawl under!
I have had my share of those kinds of days. Days where by the end of it, you have to go look at your sleeping kids to remind you that you DO in fact love them. Days where you have to say to yourself, "My children have been fed more than once, no one has suffered permanent physical injury, and no one will have to go to therapy over this. It was a successful day." Oh - and about the last post. All I can say is EWWWWWWWW!!!
Don't you just love those days ;)!
ROFL ROFL ROFL Oh man Heather, you should post a warning on your blog before reading cuz I'm at work and Oh man am I laughing my butt off. That is HILARIOUS!!
And I SOOOOOOO remember those days! LOL!! Oh sweetie...this too shall pass and you'll wish they were younger again and could embarrass you this way in public. Or not. LOL
Post a Comment