Jared had the opportunity to give the talk in Primary on Sunday. I don't think as well as I thought it would, but for those who know Jared, wouldn't expect anything less from this gift from God. So the talk was on Family Members have important responsibilities and the scripture in D&C 88:119.
The best part was Heather had to stay home with the Taylor since she was sick. It was supposed to be her turn to help Jared, but since she was sick, I got the privilege again.
Jared needed help giving his talk so we decided to keep it short and sweet and talk about how he helps around the house with chores like emptying silverware, taking out the garbage etc... You know small things that Jared would be able to do well, which we pay him a small allowance for to help save for a mission. He also was going to talk about how he helps say prayer and helps with FHE.
As it turns out, Jared is a pretty big ham. He stands up to the pulpit and we start his talk. The farther we went on the louder he talked. I tried to move the microphone, but he kept moving it back. So I just gave up and kept on going. We go to the part about him doing chores and Jared went on his own. He talked (more like yelled) how he does chores and gets money so he can go buy a gun at the the store that goes... (insert a machine gun sound). By now the whole primary is laughing. Jared begins to laugh also and talk louder since that is making the other kids laugh even more. Finally I get him to finish the talk and close to which he yells "IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST AMEN". I was hoping somebody would have turned off the mic or at least turned the volume down, but apparently nobody else was on the same wavelength as me.
Then I left him and went off to nursery. As I left the primary room, I ran into Derek Pine (our hometeacher). He asked what was going on there. I told him Jared was giving the talk. Yeah he gave me the look like oh, I see. Then he says he could hear Jared down the hall. He wondered who it was. We both laughed at how crazy Jared is and then I went to nursery to help out.
Yes that is my kid. He is a unique individual with his own agenda. And I love this kid a lot. Even though he makes me want to pull my hair out (Hence why I keep it shaved), he does make me laugh and all the more appreciate his uniqueness that he brings to our family.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment