Thursday, November 6, 2008

Point of View

I am not the expert on politics but as I watched the first black man become president elect on Tuesday night I got teary eyed. I felt a sense of it will be okay and that the journey ahead and the road to travel will be hard in our current economic situation but I think he has already united this nation. Yes there will those that don't agree on certain issues and as long as we keep ourselves in order and our houses things will work itself out. As I watched this man speak on TV he said something very eloquent and profound, "Our story is singular but our destiny is shared." How amazing it was to share this moment with my children (when they really wanted to be watching something else) yes they are young but I was explaining to them how wonderful it is to live in this nation where we can vote and have the opportunities that we have. They looked at me blankly oh well Jon wasn't home from work yet to share this with. On another note my I talked to my Mom yesterday and she shared with me this great article, http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/386365_hubert05.html Read it if you want I think it is great.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Very well put. I cried my eyeballs out!

Anonymous said...

Are you serious- did you just read my blog and my mind? I was thinking the exact same thing- but put it better than i did!

Stephanie said...

I agree, I think Obama will be a good president; things always work out.

Alaina Guymon said...

I didn't realize that you were an Obama supporter!! I guess this ends our friendship forever! LOL! JK!