Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Tailgating
The kind of tailgating I wish I was explaining would be so much more fun!!! Hot dogs, Hamburgers, chips and dip etc, etc, etc....... But no I have a story to share about people who choose not to follow the law and TAILGATE!!! I was on my way to church Sunday morning with T and I heading to the stake center to have Stake Conference. Jon had gone earlier with J and his parents to get us a seat and I followed shortly there after. So I head out down 356th towards Highway 99 and this truck is following really closely and when you approach 1st Avenue the speed limit goes from 40mph to 35mph as I am most of the time a law abiding citizen I slowed down to the proper speed and the BIG truck didn't like that and he continued to get closer and closer until he could have been in the back seat talking with my children. I eventually got a look at him and he was wearing a suit and tie and I thought to myself Hmmmmm I wonder if he is going to the stake center??? Well wouldn't you know that he pulled right in next to me in the parking lot. I wasn't going to say anything but he parked right next to me and he picked the wrong person to tailgate. Now of course I am not perfect and what would Jesus have done he would have turned the other cheek but my mouth opened and I spoke. He was still in his truck and I said "It's not nice to tailgate people"! his reply "What are you talking about" me "Uh you tailgated me all the way down 356th" his reply "Well maybe you should drive the speed limit" me "I was and it drops down to 35mph and maybe you need to learn how to drive and stop tailgating people" his reply "Well they need to put in more lanes" and then he walked off. I was so mad!!!!!!! What is more lanes going to do make it so he can tailgate more people. So would you consider this road rage???? Maybe so now I must go and repent because I probably should have kept my mouth shut but oh well I feel vindicated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
oh boy! There goes my Heather Annie again...
I may have said something too. I wonder. Hmmm...wonder if he is your high councilman?? People are people and saints too. We all make mistakes honey. But then again we don't want him in the back seat talking with your kids while he is driving another vehicle! He needs to go back to drivers ed!
You are funny. I am sure I would have avoided the situation, but you are more brave than I am. It is funny how people think going the speed limit is too slow. Plus, isn't obeying the law good when you are going to church. Glad you both made it okay though.
I totally understand your frustrations. Why are so many people in such a rush to get no where. You always find someone that was right behind you in your back seat and then they start bobbing and weaving out of traffic and guess who you find right next to you at the light off the exit. You got it...your back seat driver =)
The other night I had to go pick up Sean at the body shop because he was having work done on his truck and as I was driving down the street there is this car right on my tail. I put my turn signal on and as I breaked to turn into the lot the guy was right on my hinney and Sean was freaked because he thought we were going to have 2 cars in the body shop now.
Sometimes I just wish I had a screen in the back of my car window that was hooked up to my cell phone so when someone feels the need to kiss my hinney, I can let them know "I'm sorry but I have a boyfriend.....BACK OFF!"
P.S. I don't think I could have bitten my lip in a situation like that.
Anyhow lady I love your blog it is so beautiful....words and all.
Heather girl, it's a good thing it was at church and not in a parking lot somewhere because that guy could have been a nut job. An armed nut job. They are out there----everywhere. I had a horrible experience with one at Greenlake the other day.
Be careful sweetie
You and the Stake Center are cursed...wasn't it the last Stake Conference you had a confrontation with a lady? I would stay home if I were you HAHAHA...what a good girl for going though!! me i was sitting at home being a bum:(
I had to laugh because had it been me, it would have been the new high counselor over the stake YW and then I would have REALLY been in trouble. I SOOOO wish you guys lived closer.
Post a Comment