Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Food For Thought

So it seems that when your in highschool sometimes you aren't really that popular and you had friends but maybe you really didn't, and I have decided that being an adult is just like highschool all over again except this time you have kids, responsibilities and no one really wants to hang out with you because of your kids or you or maybe I am reading to much into things. So my advice to the world forget what people say or don't say and worry about you and only you because it seems being an adult is a popularity contest all over again. To which I want no part of. It feels like kickball in grade school where no one asks you to play or you get picked last. I don't know which is worse you be the judge.

2 comments:

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

heather, what? I hope you really don't feel like that or that i haven't done anything to make you feel like that. i think as we are adults with kids we all can too easily get caught up in our own lives. i think we all have people we might be closer with but I hope you know that I do think of you as a friend.

Damien said...

Stephanie and I were out tonight and conversation came around to Stephanie bringing up that you had posting some of your feelings here about some things that we were exactly talking about. I'm glad that you brought this up because the two of us, mostly me, feel exactly they way you described. It is a popularity contest and we want nothing to do with such things. We have lost out on some things because of it, but so be it that we are not cool enough.
I could write a whole novel on this, but I'll try not to. I am curious to know what further things you are basing your thoughts and feelings on. One of our measurements of where we stand is through invitations. In our 3+ years here, we have been invited to another's house for dinner only once (the Felt family right after they moved here). Yet, we have invited many families over to get to know them and try to make friends. So far it has failed to produce any friendships. We have been invited to a couple of get-togethers, but always in groups and at a home; never "out" or individually as a family.
This isn't a pity party I'm trying to throw here. Screw that! I'm just giving my two cents in agreement, I think, to what you said here. Stephanie and I both have many acquaintances in the ward here, but, speaking for myself only, no real friends. Sad, I say. I'm ready for next year when we plan to move.
That is my summary of feelings. If you really want a more detailed explanation or know more, just ask.