Jon and I woke up at 5:30am this morning to start packing the car for our long car ride back home. Last night I was getting things out of the car when I pulled the wipes container out of the trunk it was frozen solid. How funny! I never worry about that stuff in Wa. W turned the car on to warm it up and loaded the car and when we finally got all the kids in the car and ready to leave this is what the temperature read in our car it is actually 7:15am 7 degrees brrr! and as the drive went on

8 minutes later the temperature dropped to 3 degrees! Craziness, I will take 45 degrees and rain any day over the bitter freezing cold. It eventually warmed up as we we going along to like maybe 25 or so.

The kids
were kept entertained by there
Christmas gifts they brought with them and the portable DVD player. We bought chains because of the time of year we were driving in and passing through the Blue Mountains in Oregon bare and dry. We were making really good time but the kids and Jon and I were getting hungry so we used our trusty GPS to find an eating establishment and we stopped in
Kennewick at the good Old Country Buffet. Good for us and the kids. I love those places because of the salad bar. When everyone was full we headed back for the drive home. By the time we got to
Ellensburg flashing lights on signs indicating freezing rain/sleet/snow winter driving conditions etc.. We hit the top of the pass and it was scary 35mph driving and
crystallized pretty dangerous stuff falling on the road. Lucky for us it was only for 5 miles. We headed down the pass got on Highway 18 and made it home at 7pm. We unpacked the car and found a bazillion pieces of food. We could have fed the whole neighborhood not sure if they would eat it but we could have. Even though we went for a funeral it was so nice to see family and it is times like this that I wished we lived a little closer to Jon's family. Jared, Taylor and Isaac had a blast playing with their second cousins. I am just glad we made it home safe without even having to use the $85.00 changes we bought.
No comments:
Post a Comment