Jon and I have decided to do some more canning!!! We actually can work together to get this done. The process was fun. He would boil the whole peaches skin them and then hand them to me
to pit them and slice and clean.
The product in the jars resting.
The final outcome was 42 quart jars of peaches. Now where to store it all?
Sunday morning I baked cupcakes and chocolate chip cookies and of course the kids had to help by begging for raw cookie dough. When my children get EXCITED they flap there arm up and down and beg. Crazy kids!!
Then on Monday we canned 21 quart jars of tomatoes and I can say they were the easiest to do out of the pears and peaches we did. Jon and I had fun working side by side each other (even though he did most of the work). I am thankful to be building our food storage and I know we will be blessed for it.

2 comments:
Awesome! Don't you just feel that staring at them all sitting there so pretty- I would :)!
good for you for canning. I love canning things, it is just so fun to see all those jars lined up together. It is very rewarding.
I have to do my pears tomorrow, and I am not looking forward to the process, but the final project will be fantastic.
Post a Comment