Thursday, September 10, 2009

Jared's 5th Birthday


One of the few rare pictures of me being pregnant with Jared. How did I go from this


to this

and this??
My baby boy who I adore (on most days) never ceases to amaze me with his intellect, charm and wit. He always has something on his mind to say and he will tell you even if it means interrupting you to tell you. He loves to sing the primary songs and informs me this is how Cindy sings it (primary chorister). He has the greatest imagination and I hope he never looses it. This child can take things that actually are used for one thing and turn it into something completely different and it works maybe he will be some sort of scientist or engineer then he can take care of Mom and Dad when we get old. He also had on his mind what type of Birthday cake he wanted an Optimus Prime truck cake. Having never really dabbled in cake decorating I thought I would make a go at it. Let's just say it was like Food Network Challenge in my kitchen(except I was the only participant) complete with slicing my finger as well.
And it was a good thing I had the first aid kit near by.







It was a great night to be with friends, family and neighbors. Jared obviously likes Transformers so he received quite a few Transformer items. Thanks all who came!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there- the cake turned out darling! Sorry I never called last night- both Scott and I forgot our phones and than it got late! Looked like he had fun though :)!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

very cute. good job on the cake! i can't believe how old our babies are! where did the time go?