Monday, May 25, 2009

7 Blissful years and 3 kids later


Today is Jon and I's 7yr wedding Anniversary!!! Whoa were has the time gone?? We actually have been together 12yrs but that is alonggggggggggggg story. We decided since our anniversary fell on Memorial Day this year that finding someone to watch our kids was out of the question. So we stayed home and let the kids have fun with the neighbor kids. At one point my kids coaxed the big kid Robert next door to run through the sprinkler with them and he obliged. Poor Isaac couldn't participate because he is on Antibiotics again so he has to stay out of the sun:( poor kid wanted outside so bad. We also decided to go grocery shopping at our "favorite" place Winco. Yes for those of you that know about that store I will spare the details but needless to day you feel you have to go shopping in your Sunday best clothes as not to fit in LOL!!!! For dinner we really didn't want to take all the kids with us so I was going to make Mexican food for dinner when the kid next door said we should come over for a BBQ with him. So his Mom came over and invited us for RIBS!!!! OMGoodness is all I can say they were fabulous. And the best part we ate in there backyard so the kids could spill all they wanted and we made our Baked Beans and brought them. It is always a good night when I don't have to cook. I like to cook but the cleanup gets tasking.
When we got home from Dinner we put the kids in their jammies, brushed teeth etc... and when I walked into the Kitchen I found Isaac and Jared standing in the highchair together. My littlest one was mouthing off to Jared telling him, "NO" because he didn't want him on the highchair with him. We finally go them to bed and decide to snuggle on the couch and watch a movie together. While I was watching the movie I thought of the man and woman that we have become since we embarked on this journey together. We have laughed and cried and fought and argued and had three kids and have grown so much individually and together and I wouldn't have it any other way. I couldn't imagine having not spent my life with Jon. He is an amazing man who I adore and love more each day. I hope the rest of our eternity goes as well as the last 7 years have. It has been great to be his best friend and wife. He truly is my ONE who I love more than anything and I look forward to what the future holds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was the sweetest thing! Happy Anniversary guys (well belated). And thanks for making me hungry- I LOVE ribs.... humm humm good.

amie979 said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope baby gets better soon:(