Monday, January 19, 2009

Family Home Evening


Jon and I have decided to be more prepared to teach the little ones in Nursery on Sundays so we will teach the lesson for the next Sunday on Monday to our kids for Family Home Evening. The lesson manual is really a great resource to have in your Family. We started with a prayer but Jared and Taylor were fighting over who was going to say it!!!! My goodness I was so frustrated and then Jared decided to kick Taylor in the mouth! timeout it was.When he was ready to rejoin the Family he apologized to his sister and Jared said the opening prayer more like he sang the prayer. The lesson was on Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ loves me too. One of the activities slated for the lesson is giving the kids a mirror to look at themselves and say, "Heavenly father and Jesus Christ love (insert child's name). We then sang "I feel my Saviors Love" and Taylor closed with a prayer. I was so frustrated at first with our rocky start and and I was really going to throw my hands in the air and give up but I said a quite prayer to myself. I am glad we continued because Satan really wanted us not to succeed.
After the lesson I made the kids a necklace to wear and color.
Of course Isaac wanted in on the action of coloring so I gave him a crayon and paper and let him have at it.

His first masterpiece.

Taylor's necklace. I tried to get her to stand with it but she washaving a "MELTDOWN" such a drama queen.

Jared proudly showing me his necklace.What an evening now I need two Tylenol and my bed.





1 comment:

Jaime said...

What a great idea. You have famiy night planned and you are prepared for Sunday. Wonderful.