Saturday, August 30, 2008

I finally did it, I think!!!

Many of you know that I have been studying relentlessly for the CPA exam. I had passed three of the four exams and had only one left to go. Auditing, yea I don't know why I put myself through such torture either, but I think I did really well on the exam. It seemed really easy in that a few of the multiple choice questions were word for word many of the practice questions I had already completed in my preparation. I will keep you updated when I receive my results in September. If all goes well, I will be able to become licensed by the first of the year. The good news is that I should be done with this stage of my life.

I owe big thanks to my wife and family for supporting me through the many hours studying and locking myself in our bedroom to study. Let's just hope for the best so we can move on to something bigger and better.

By the way, you think you would be done after passing the four grueling exam sections, paying a lot of many for the review classes and the exam (which I am lucky enough to be reimbursed by my employee), but no. Then you have to pay for $100 ethics course, $330 for licensing fee and application. So I guess the good news is the hard part is out of the way, but since I really haven't paid any money to the state yet, they have to get there share somewhere. Oooohhhh well!! As Heather would say, it's only money.

No comments: