Friday, June 7, 2013
Broken Down
Last Thursday night I ran my dishwasher and then halfway through its drying cycle it died. I hadn't realized it until Friday evening when I decided to get around unloading it. I opened the door and all of the dishes were still wet! Ugh...so I turned it on and nothing. It was toast! What was I going to do now? Oh wash dishes by hand. YEAH!!! Not really and I had a bad attitude. I wasn't going to wash dishes that is what I have kids for right? Jon took the dishwasher out and unplugged the power to see if that would work...nothing, nada, zilch! Jon told Tinsley to talk to the dishwasher so it would work and he asked her is it a girl or a boy? Her reply, "It's a girl" and does it have a name? Her reply, " Heather". HA HA HA very funny. Well it was evident that the dishes were going to be needed to washed by hand. I learned that when I washed the dishes I was calm and I actually had time to reflect on things. It also made me realize that having a dishwasher is a luxury a nice convenient luxury. The pioneers didn't have these and so I changed my attitude and I wash my dishes with a smile on my face. Perspective is what I gained. Having a different perspective upon things make a HUGE difference in the way you look at the world in general. So I wash my dishes with pride and think it could be worse...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment