When you get a call saying he might not have long to live (Jon's grandpa Wilson) we new we would be taking a long road trip to the funeral. So while Jon was at work on Thursday the 20th I packed for 5 people (which is rather fun). So when Jon got home we set out for our 13hr drive :)
with a stop at McDonalds for the kids and then we were off. With a stop off in Ellensburg for Jon and I to eat. All the kids were asleep except for Isaac who kept talking to us. It also was a good time to stop nursing him (I know a 19mo old but it was only at night) since we were in a unfamiliar setting. Things went well and he would wake up periodically calling for, "Mama, Mama" and after that he was fine. Our next stop was Pendelton, Oregon where I took over the driving at 12:40am. Jared had fallen asleep at around 7pm and awoke and stayed wake with me the whole night talking to me and keeping me awake. Jon and the other two kids were snoozing. We had left at about 6pm and Jon's Dad, Mom, Brother and two nieces left after we did so we were sure we were way ahead but it turns out after our bizillion stops they actually caught up to us. I told Jared look out the window there is Papa's car. Our next stop was at 5am in Meridian Idaho where we stopped to gas up get something to eat and switch drivers. Taylor as we were heading towards Boise with the sun coming up had to put her shades on and finally Jared crashed under his blanket to keep the sun out of his eyes.
with a stop at McDonalds for the kids and then we were off. With a stop off in Ellensburg for Jon and I to eat. All the kids were asleep except for Isaac who kept talking to us. It also was a good time to stop nursing him (I know a 19mo old but it was only at night) since we were in a unfamiliar setting. Things went well and he would wake up periodically calling for, "Mama, Mama" and after that he was fine. Our next stop was Pendelton, Oregon where I took over the driving at 12:40am. Jared had fallen asleep at around 7pm and awoke and stayed wake with me the whole night talking to me and keeping me awake. Jon and the other two kids were snoozing. We had left at about 6pm and Jon's Dad, Mom, Brother and two nieces left after we did so we were sure we were way ahead but it turns out after our bizillion stops they actually caught up to us. I told Jared look out the window there is Papa's car. Our next stop was at 5am in Meridian Idaho where we stopped to gas up get something to eat and switch drivers. Taylor as we were heading towards Boise with the sun coming up had to put her shades on and finally Jared crashed under his blanket to keep the sun out of his eyes.
When we arrived in town the Wilson family was getting together for breakfast so we all went over( no showers had been taken yet but hey it was family). The kids had a blast meeting and playing with I think 2nd cousins? and Isaac sure made a friend with Jon's Uncle Don who of course had some type of food Red Swedish Fish to be exact. That same day Friday night was the viewing of Grandpa Wilson and we were trying to explain to the kids about why he was just lying there. I was nice to talk to family we hadn't seen in awhile. Jon's Aunt Linda said to me, "Do you eat you look to skinny"? Yes I told her I eat and then she said one of the cousins said I looked better in person than the blog. Well that's okay because the camera adds 10lbs. LOL LOL LOL
Saturday morning was the Funeral and Jon was asked to be a Pall Bearer. The service was really nice of what I heard because my youngest two would not cooperate. So after going in and out of the chapel I decided to stay in the foyer. We then proceeded to the cemetery. It was a really nice funeral service. He served his country so they had the gun salute and the giving of the flag to the spouse.

No comments:
Post a Comment